Sunday, June 24, 2018

WFRP- On the Road

 The main reason for this blog is to have a place to share miniatures and terrain for my WFRP campaign without spoiling it for my players.
 Since rolling up stats, backgrounds, and careers for the PCs will take up at least half of the first session, I thought a short introductory encounter would be the best way to start. I'm going to use Graeme Davis's "A Friend in Need" from "On the Road."
 The plot has the party sheltering in a ruined shrine to Taal. As this will be the first session, the party members will be coming across the ruin one by one, weary travelers seeking to get out of the rain.
 The ruin was made from old Warzone ruined walls, some wood bits, cereal box for the shingles, Tiny Furniture made the bedrolls and logs, Zealot Miniatures made the wooden totem, and the fire pit is Renedra with the tail from a Reaper dire wolf (who became a werewolf, which don't have tails, and  waste not, want not).
 Whichever party member is the most "outdoorsy" will be the one who sets up camp and starts a cozy fire. There's a Halfling Coachwoman in the group, so I'm guessing the smell of Brandenberry Coddle is what will attract the other adventurers.

 Allowing time for introductions, before encountering the ghost of a murdered traveling merchant. The call to action, and hopefully some compassion, will have the adventurers collecting his scattered bones for proper burial.
 The ghost is also from Reaper, the bones are from Toad King Castings (who also supplied the bones and mushrooms for my photo background).
 Bringing the bones to the next town and giving them to a priest of Morr, should result in a rather handsome benefit to set up the adventurers for the long journey ahead.
 I used an old Chaos Sorcerer as my priest of Morr, as the figure lacks any overt chaos trappings, symbols, etc. and for sheer Blanchitsu appeal.
 I figure this particular priest of Morr has made a vow of extreme asceticism, hence the tatty robes and rusty armor. As for the spiky bits coming out of his hood? You try hanging out in a spooky cemetery.. er.. ah.. Garden of Morr all day and night with no one to talk to but the dead, and we'll see if you too don't get a bit.. weird.
 Speaking of weird, does the rust paint job count as NMM? 



3 comments:

  1. Very nice terrain piece. I've only played WFRP online, so we don't have any physical set ups. I'll need to take a closer look at your source links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, and if I'm too far away to join the campaign, it's great to have a view here. When does the it kick off?

    BTW, I just made bone debris myself for the Borderlands campaign. I saw yours and thought no way... we share a wavelength, man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff, and a neat way to throw the party together. And yes rust = NMM

    ReplyDelete